It's nearing the end of the year so it's time to run an annual review of 2016. Not only will it show you how far you have come in only 365 days but it will also help you to plan and set goals for annual epic 2017 🙂
Here are the questions I use every year 🙂
There are essentially 3 simple questions you want to focus on:
1) What went well for you in 2016?
2) What didn’t go so well in 2016? (remember, progress can only be made with honesty)
3) What do I want in 2017?
If you would like to go a little deeper in your Annual Review then answer some of these great questions:
- What new things did you discover about yourself in 2016?
- What is the single achievement are you most proud of?
- Which of your personal qualities turned out to be the most helpful this year?
- Which new skills did you learn in 2016?
- What was the most important lesson you learnt in 2016?
- What was your biggest break-through moment for each life area?(relationships, family, community and contribution, physical or health and fitness, personal, business and career, recreation and social, finance and wealth, and spiritual)
- What book had the most impact on you in 2016?
- What did you do for the very first time in your life this year? How was it?
- What major goal did you lay the foundations for?
- How did your overall outlook on life evolve throughout the year?
- What was the biggest obstacle you overcame in 2016?
- What one thing of 2016 would you do differently and why?
- What new habits did you cultivate in 2016?
- What or who had the biggest positive impact on your life this year?
- Now you have a handle on how 2016 went for yourself, why not answer these questions to find out where you are heading in 2017:
- What do you want to see, discover, and explore in 2017?
- Who do you want to spend more time with in 2017?
- What skills do you want to learn, improve or master in 2017?
- Which personal quality do you want to develop or strengthen in 2017?
- What do you want your everyday life to be like? Describe it in as much detail as possible.
- Which habits do you want to change, cultivate or get rid of in 2017?
- What do you want to achieve in each of the life areas?
- If you could achieve just one single goal in 2017, what would it be?
I hope you had a great 2016 and Good luck in 2017. Make it a spectacular year 🙂